This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

AS 2000 support

Topics: Resolved
Aug 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Does this support AS 2000?

Whenever I try to add a calculation in Excel 2010 pointed to AS 2000, I'd get the following error.  My Calculation is very simple - only referencing just another measure, e.g., [Measures].[Actual Sales].

Data could not be retrieved from the external data source. 
Error message returned by the external data source:
Syntax error in axis definition, near: '[Measures].[Actual Sales]'

Followed by:

There was a problem creating the calculation:
Exception from HResult: 0x800A03EC

Here is my connection string:

Provider=MSOLAP.2;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=Server;Initial Catalog=OLAPDB;Client Cache Size=25;Auto Synch Period=10000;MDX Compatibility=1

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM

To be honest, I really don't know if it works against AS2000. And I don't have an AS2000 instance on hand to try it.

Anyone else have experience with OLAP PivotTable Extensions working against AS2000?

One guess is that the calculated measure syntax in AS2000 was less flexible. You had to put single quotes around it. So maybe it's worth trying to paste this formula (with the single quotes surrounding your MDX) into the MDX box when you define your calculation:

'[Measures].[Actual Sales]'

No idea if that will help.

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/10/2014 at 3:19 PM
Aug 24, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Thank you very much. That did the trick.   Looks like the single quote has to be place around the entire MDX, e.g., '[Measures].[Actual Sales] - [Measures].[Actual Costs]'.