Simba MDX provider support

Topics: Resolved
Oct 12, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Hi all

Has any one tried this plug-in with a pivot table powered by Simba MDX?

We are trialing the Simba MDX provider with Oracle 11.2 OLAP database and found that Excel is lacking quite a few features, mainly in search and filtering. Fortunately Excel 2010 includes search on the filter but it is not flexible enough.

I installed the plug in and created my query, but when using the Search or Filter List tab I get the following message:

A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. 
at Microsoft.Analysisservices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(Connectionlnfo connectionlnfo) 
at Microsoft.Analysisservices . AdomdClient . xmlaClient OpenTcpConnection(ConnectionlnIo connectionlnfo) 
at MicrosoltAnalysis5ervices.AdomdClient.xmlaClientConmnect(Connectionlnfo connectionlnlo, Boolean beginsession) 
at Microsoft.Analysisservices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.xmlaCientProvider .Connect(Boolean toIxMLA) 
at 
.connectxmla() 
at MicrosoFt.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToxMLA(Boolean create5ession, Boolean isHTTP) 
at Microsoft.Analysisservices. AdomdClient . AdomdConnection.Open() 
at OlapPivotTableExtensions.MainForm,ConnectAdomdClientCube() 
at OlapPivotTableExtensions.MainForm.worIerFiIterList DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) 

We would love to get this plug in working with our Simba MDX pivot tables, any idea how we can achieve this?

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 9:45 PM

As you found out, features like Search and Filter List only work with Analysis Services.

I have no plans for adding support for other OLAP databases like Simba. But if you want to download the source code and customize it for your purposes, feel free.

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/10/2014 at 3:51 AM