Changing calculated members in existing sets

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hi 

My issue is that if I create a calculated member with PT Extensions and then use the build in excel 2010 feature to create a set which uses the newly created calculated member, this first of all works pretty fine until I change the definition of one of the calculated members.

The inconvenience that then exists is that you have to re-add the set whenever you change any of the calculated members.

Is there any chance to change that?

Best regards

Simon

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Edited Jul 31, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I had not thought about this scenario. Great suggestion. I'm going to create a work item and add that to the list of bugs that need to be fixed in my add-in. I'm not 100% sure it will be possible for me to fix this, but I'll try when I have time.

As you may know, Excel 2013 provides an MDX calculation building dialog. I tested this scenario, and unfortunately editing a calculated measure or member which is in a set makes the set disappear. I've reported this to the Excel team as a bug and I'll try to remember to update this discussion if I hear it has been fixed.

Thanks for reporting this.

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2012 at 11:42 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM

It doesn't appear this bug is going to be fixed in Excel 2013, unfortunately.

I've still got this scenario captured in that work item above so I can consider coding a workaround in the future.