Error in filtering when Locale property in connection string set.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Hi.

I got error while filtering when in my connection string there is an additional parameter.

Error text is (in russian) "Синтаксический анализатор XML для аналитики: Свойство Locale не распознано." I dont know how it should look in english, maybe like this "XML for Analysis parser: Locale property is not recognized."

This additional parameter was set while fixing error "XML for Analysis parser: The LocaleIdentifier property is not overwritable and cannot be assigned a value". Solution that helped me was adding string " Extended Properties="Locale=1049" " to my connection string. That works ok, but now I got errors while filtering. And when I remove my added strings the error disappears.

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

The code in my add-in specifically looks for any of these three options in the connection string:

Language Identifier=XXXX
LocaleIdentifier=XXXX
Locale Identifier=XXXX

If Locale=XXXX works, I wasn't aware of it. Can you try one of those other three options and let me know if that solves the problem?

Also, please open my add-in and go to the About tab and make sure it doesn't say you have an unsupported language configuration.

Boyan Penev blogged about this SSAS bug... you might see if any of his suggestions help you, also:
http://www.bp-msbi.com/2012/01/ssas-locale-identifier-bug

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/8/2014 at 4:39 PM
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Also make sure you're using the latest version of my add-in... it contains some fixes for this issue. Check the About tab in my add-in and make sure it says 0.8.0 (currently the latest version at the time of this post).

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/8/2014 at 4:39 PM
Nov 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Great, "LocaleIdentifier=XXXX" works. Thank you for your very useful tool.