Reset edited Member Names

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:36 AM
There is a little-known (perhaps even undocumented) feature of Excel Pivot Tables where if you are presenting Dimension members (e.g. as Rows) the user can type onto those cells which becomes a permanent override for that member name. Note the user cannot edit the existing value but can type over it.

These edits are incredibly persistent - I do not know of any way to remove them. I've tried clearing the Pivot Cache, refreshing, removing the field and re-adding it. The only solution appears to be rebuilding the Pivot Table.

Could you add a new feature to this Add-In to reset any such Member Name edits?

Thanks
Mike
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM
That's a great suggestion. I've run into this confusion many times before and had equal trouble locating and removing the renamed members.

Hidden on this page is a link to an Excel Add-in called PivotPower which is designed for non-OLAP PivotTables. It has a Reset Captions feature (or last I checked it did). Please try that.
http://olappivottableextend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Acknowledgments%20and%20Additional%20Information&referringTitle=Home

If you have trouble getting it to work, do let me know and I can consider including this feature in OLAP PivotTable Extensions.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/9/2014 at 12:47 AM