Installing OLAP PivotTable Extensions on Win8 / Excel 2013 x64

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Hello,

I can't seem to be able to install the extensions on the 64-bit Win8 / 64-bit Excel 2013 set up. I have downloaded the 64-bit installer "OLAP PivotTable Extensions Setup for 64-bit Excel (v0.8.0).exe" upon first execution I am prompted to instal the Office 2010 Interop Assemblies - which I did, however on subsequent execution of OLAP PivotTable setup I am still prompted to install the InterOp Assemblies. So far I tried uninstalling/re-installing the interop assemblies and looking for 64-bit specific InterOp Assembly installer with no luck.
I have this working perfectly on another machine which has 64-bit Win8 and 32-bit Excel 2013, but I am not able to get it to install on the full 64-bit setup. Any insight as to how I can accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aleksandr Krymskiy
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Were you prompted to install the 2010 or 2013 primary interop assemblies? It should have prompted you for the 2013 ones if you only have Excel 2013 installed.

Can you install them according to these instructions and try the add-in installer again?
https://olappivottableextend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Office%202013%20Primary%20Interop%20Assemblies
Apr 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Hi,

I was prompted to install 2010 specifically. I followed the instructions on the link you supplied, but found that .NET Programmability Support was already installed and set to "Run from My Computer". Is there a setup switch or something to force the installer to proceed without checking for the Interop Assemblies? Here's a screenshot illustrating what I have installed and what happens when I run the installer: Link

Thanks,
Aleksandr Krymskiy
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Thanks for reporting this. I'll have to look into it. I'm not sure why it's prompting for the Excel 2010 PIAs mistakenly. It looks like you have everything installed properly.

I'm pretty swamped, though, so it may be a few weeks. Sorry about that. I'll keep you posted.

I'm not sure of a good way to skip the prerequisite installations. Sorry.
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM
If you can click furmangg and send me an email, I have a beta installer for you to test out. Sorry it has taken so long to get to this.
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Well, I wish you had contacted me to get a beta version of the 0.8.1 release so you could test and see if it solved the problem. I took a guess at the issue and simplified one launch condition on the installer. Please see if 0.8.1 solves your problem. Sorry about the delay.

If it doesn't solve your problem, please follow the msiexec instructions at the end of the following troubleshooting guide then attach the install.log to a new issue on the Issues tab of this website:
https://olappivottableextend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Troubleshooting%20Installation
Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/8/2014 at 4:34 PM
Jun 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Hello,

Apologies for late response - Outlook.com have been moving notifications from CodePlex to the Junk folder and I just uncovered the messages. I have downloaded the latest installer and it worked without a hitch. I have verified that PivotTable Extensions are working in Excel 2013 64-bit version.

Thank you very much!
Alex