How to remove the calculated members

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Edited Apr 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I have added a few calculated members for testing and then removed them from the Pivot Table. But it continues to appear in the field list and is sent in the MDX query generated by Pivot Table. Is there any option to delete one of the calculated members?
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Just right click on your PivotTable, choose OLAP PivotTable Extensions, choose the calculation from the Calculation Name dropdown, then click Delete.

Note, any calculations currently active in the session of the PivotTable are listed at the top of the Calculation Name dropdown. Below that are all the other calculations you have built in the past on any PivotTable so you can quickly pick them and add them to the current PivotTable. My add-in is remembering those calculations at the bottom the dropdown, not Excel. Use the MDX tab to determine which calculations are actually active in the current session.
Apr 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Just right click on your PivotTable, choose OLAP PivotTable Extensions, choose the calculation from the Calculation Name dropdown, then click Delete.
Sorry if my question was not clear to you. This is not what I meant. I am aware of this delete option. But my problem is that this delete does not remove the calculated measure from the field list in Pivot Table.
For example, I created a measure called IRRv1 about 2 weeks back and I removed it from Pivot Table, deleted it from calculation library but the MDX generated still has IRRv1 as a measure. So, my question is how do I get rid of these members from PivotTable field List? I have many such fields and they are cluttering up the MDX - that is why I wanted to remove them.
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Did you open OLAP PivotTable Extensions, choose IRRv1 from the Calculation Name dropdown, and then click Delete? That should remove it from the PivotTable field list.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/8/2014 at 4:35 PM