This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

searching for multiples members

Topics: Resolved
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM
how can it be possible to retrieve in the search dialog box,  more that one memebers  (ie i want to retrieve members  chicago,nyc,dallas) for a list of thousands towns in my dimension. I didn't solved this problem. the search dialog box is retrieving ony one member at one time ! if I use separators between fields (commas ; * etc ..) it does'nt work.
TIA.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM
It's not designed to do multiple searches at once. The only scenario where that will work is if you search for "west" and have it return "northwest" and "southwest".

Just right click on the field in your PivotTable on rows or columns and choose Search from the right-click menu multiple times.
Jan 13, 2010 at 6:39 PM

This is an old disucssion, but was there an enhancement made to the Add-In t o enable this type of functionality ?  Seems to work now.

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I don't believe I've changed anything. There's no way to use advanced search separators or anything.

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM

In the forthcoming 0.7.1 release, if you you are running Search on a field in the Filters section of your PivotTable, then there's a new checkbox that lets you add the checked items from your search results to the existing filters you've defined.