Calculations tab missing

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I am trying to do calculations on pivot table in excel 2013. I have the data in the powerpivot data model. The OLAP calcuation options are all greyed out so I can't use them. I can see the pivot table extensions options but when I open them there is no calculations tab. So I am stuck. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. DAve
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Unfortunately Excel 2013 removed support for that:
https://olappivottableextend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Excel%202013

You will have to put DAX calculated measures in your Power Pivot model to accomplish your goal.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/8/2014 at 4:31 PM
Nov 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Thx... such a bummer. Is there no way to create MDX expressions in 2013 workbook without a Sharepoint or SSAS server? Any workaround?
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Not that I know of. No workarounds. You need to use DAX measures instead. Other than that it's a new language, you should be able to do just about anything you need in DAX.

I haven't tested what happens if you build a workbook in PowerPivot in Excel 2010 with MDX calculations then upgrade. Feel free to test. But that's not a good scenario since even if it worked, you would never be able to modify those MDX calculations again after upgrading.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/8/2014 at 4:31 PM
Nov 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Great plug in by the way!

Thx... was hoping to leverage some of the statistical functions which are not supported by DAX (e.g. SLOPE, TREND, LINEST), and per the discussion here.