This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

New version of Olap PivotTable Extensions?

Feb 20 at 9:13 AM
Is a new version of Olap PivotTable Extensions planned? If not what could be a successor...
I used really heavily the easy filter funktion via copy and paste. But it seems so that is not really stable with the latest o365 Office Version (Excel 2016 with automatic regular updates ... )
Coordinator
Feb 20 at 12:44 PM
Could you help me reproduce the issues that lead you to call it not stable? Do you have example workbooks or lists of steps to repro?

What is your source? SSAS? Excel Data Model? Azure AS? Power BI?
Feb 21 at 3:32 PM
As I mention we use the o365 ProPlus and during the last update cycle we got an issue (OLAP Pivot Table was not available) now it seems to be ok and I cannot reproduce it with Version 16.0.6965.2115 that is the reason why I called it "unstable"

We use SSAS with a huge amount of data and without OLAP Pivot table extensions it’s hardly possible to work with Pivot reports. Mainly the filtering functionality is needed e.g. for material numbers or long lists of plants / company codes etc. as there are no “selection fields” with multiple selection in MS Excel Pivot.

That is the reason for my question, is a new Version planned? What is the plan for future development? the last release was at Nov 25, 2015 ...
Coordinator
Feb 22 at 5:24 AM
Keep me posted if I you are able to reproduce any instability going forward. There's always a long list of enhancements on the list. Certainly reply if any bugs are preventing your work. And feel free to vote or comment on the feature requests on the ISSUES tab.

Glad you find the filtering features helpful!