This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

During installation got error: 2869

Topics: Resolved
Mar 10, 2008 at 4:04 PM
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.

How can I help you to identify why?
Mar 10, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Found workaround. I was installing this package on Windows Vista PC in Program Files forder (default). I choose to install into different folder, that IS NOT in c:\Program Files, my case: c:\utilities and installation worked.
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 5:12 PM
Vidas-

Did you install just the MSI? I replaced the MSI in the releases tab with a zip file containing setup.exe and the MSI. One article I read said that running setup.exe helped on Vista. I'd be curious if that's the case.

That's odd about the install path. Thanks for the tip. I haven't tested on Vista yet (it's just beta) so keep me posted.
Mar 10, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Greg,

I tested installation with new setup.exe and that worked OK on my Vista PC.
I tested different installation path on Vista, because I had in the past cases when installation into Program Files folder failed. Windows Vista takes special care of that folder :-).

Vidas
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2008 at 1:59 AM
I just posted Release 0.5.1 which should fix all the install issues. Be sure to read the Vista notes on the release page. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/10/2014 at 3:56 PM
Mar 13, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Greg,

It installed without any problems. Thanks!