This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Excel 2007/2010 - Option not appearing in context menu

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Hi,

I just installed the latest version of the add-in but the option doesn't appear in the context menu when I right-click on a pivot table.

I have tried in computers running Windows XP/Excel 2007 and Windows 7/Excel 2010 and I have made sure that the add-in is enabled but no luck. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

José Luis

Mar 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Jose, if you click on the PivotTable then press Alt-F11 then Ctrl-G then paste the following into the Immediate window and press enter:

?ActiveCell.PivotTable.PivotCache().OLAP

Does it say True?

If not, then you PivotTable is a native PivotTable that's summarizing some table or other data in the spreadsheet. You have to have an OLAP PivotTable (that is, one connected to an Analysis Services server) for my add-in to work.

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/9/2014 at 3:23 PM
Apr 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Hi,

is there an easy way to use the OLAP pivottable tools if I only have a native Pivottable?

Can I transform the native PivotTable in a OLAP PivotTable and if yes, what's the easiest way?

Thanks already in advance!

Sascha

Apr 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM

If you are using a native PivotTable in Excel 2010 and you need to do some more complex formulas in the PivotTable, I would recommend PowerPivot, which is a free Excel add-in built by Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/bi/powerpivot.aspx

You can use OLAP PivotTable Extensions with PowerPivot, but probably you don't need to since you can add DAX calculations to your PowerPivot model

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Thank you for your quick response. We tested the power pivot. However we couldn't solve our problem yet.

We actually try to find a way calculating a trimmean instead of a real mean in a pivot table (mean without taking into account the x highest/lowest -->outliers). Is our assumption correct that we could do this with Olap?

Do you know an easy way for obtaining this result with standard excel/powerpivot?

Thanks,

Sascha

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:28 PM

boduH, I think this thread is more appropriate in the PowerPivot forums since it has nothing to do with the OLAP PivotTable Extensions add-in:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel/threads

Can you pose your question there, please?