This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Local cube file,

Topics: Resolved
Feb 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Hi , i'm working with local cube files created by MSAS 2000 and MS Query 
When i want to create a new calculation formula i'v got an error HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
I'm using Excel 2007 in french , so may be PivotTable extensions doesn't works with local .cub file...
any  idea ?

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:34 PM
I have tried OLAP PivotTable Extensions and adding a calculated measure to a local cube. The local cube was created by AS2005. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I haven't tried OLAP PivotTable Extensions against AS2000 server or local cubes. Not sure if it's supported.

It might be a problem in your formula. What precisely are you entering into OLAP PivotTable extensions? Have you tried entering a really simple formula to see if that works? For example...

Name: TestMeasure
Formula: 1
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Trying a live connection with Analysis Services 2000 give me the same result , even with a quiet simple formula (name test , calc:1), he show me a wizard connection window to a file cube or Olap Server
...And Excel crash
Entering 1+1 formula is firing a "office Safety Notice" saying that this operation is opening an external data conection  ... I enter OK and a message box say:
"This query is not executed or table Database could not be opened","Please check  your database server or contact your adnistrator etc etc etc..."
And then "there was a problem  creating the calculation, exception de HRESULT: 0x800A03EC"

Thanks
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Hmm. That doesn't sound good. I don't see a reason it shouldn't work against AS2000, but I haven't ever tried it.

Under the PivotTable Tools... Options ribbon, click the Change Data Source down arrow and choose Connection Properties. Flip to the definition tab and copy the connection string. I'm curious what you're using.

If anyone has had success against AS2000, please post back here.
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Provider=MSOLAP.2;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=C:\Program Files\ketude\cubes\Generale_factClients.cub;Client Cache Size=25;Auto Synch Period=10000;MDX Compatibility=1
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I've updated the Calculations Help page regarding the syntax for AS2000:
http://olappivottableextend.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Calculations%20Help

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/10/2014 at 3:18 PM