Enable/Disable AutoRefresh via Macro

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Is there a way to configure a macro to accomplish the above? I've tried recording macro and then clicking on those options, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Phillip
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2014 at 6:08 PM
If you look at the code (which is in C#) you will see a cmdDisableAutoRefresh_Click function at:
https://olappivottableextend.svn.codeplex.com/svn/OlapPivotTableExtensions/Connect.cs

You will need to translate that code into VBA. It's pretty straightforward except for the dummy text file which causes the PivotTables to refresh when added and removed. I did that because PivotTable.Refresh() will connect to the SQL data source for Power Pivot and refresh. I just wanted to refresh the PivotTables not all the way to the source.

I have some enhancements coming in the next release (probably sometime in July) which enhances disabling refresh on CubeValue formulas and on DAX query tables. If either of those scenarios are your scenario and you need the code early, let me know.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 7/2/2014 at 11:08 AM
Nov 21, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I have a port of this in VBA and it works well. I am happy to share if someone would let me know the proper way/place to post it. It is a huge help when updating multiple measures at once in a report.
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Great! If you want to post it somewhere I can link to that's fine. Or if you want to add an issue on the Issues tab and attach it I can share it on this site. Thanks!
Feb 23, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Hi! I would greatly appreciate the code in VBA, as I have exactly that problem currently.
Could you please help me out with that TheRizza?

Kind regards,
Simon
Jun 12, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Hello!

Did you ever hear back from TheRizza? I'm not familiar with C# so would struggle to translate the relevant piece of code into VBA but it would really save me a lot of time to have a macro to disable the automatic updating of pivottables... and I'm struggling to obtain approval to install your plug-in at work.

Thanks!

Esther
Jun 15, 2015 at 4:52 PM
Sorry for the delay. I just posted the code on the Issues tab.
Aug 20, 2015 at 7:20 AM
Hello!

Can you please share me the VBA code or the reference link to Issues tab.

Its mentioned in previous thread its mentioned enhancements coming in the next release (probably sometime in July) which enhances disabling refresh on CubeValue formulas and on DAX query tables. Please share me the details too

Thanks,
Farha