This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

OLAP PivotTable Extension - Calculated Member not working

Topics: Resolved
Aug 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Hi,

Please can someone help!! I have SQL Server 2008 and Excel 2007. I have installed the OLAP PivotTable Extension and it is available when I right click on the Pivot Table.

I have then proceeded to create the following Calculated Member :

Calculation Name : [Account].[Account Number].[Gross Margin]

Formula : [Account].[Account Number].[Net Sales]  - [Account].[Account Number].[Cost Of Sales]

This creates MDX:

WITH

MEMBER [Account].[Account Number].[Gross Margin] as [Account].[Account Number].[Net Sales]  - [Account].[Account Number].[Cost Of Sales] 

SELECT CrossJoin(Hierarchize(AddCalculatedMembers({[Time].[Time Hierarchy Time Calculations].[Time Hierarchy Time Calculations].Members})), {[Measures].[Actual Value],[Measures].[Budget Value]}) DIMENSION PROPERTIES PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME ON COLUMNS , Hierarchize(AddCalculatedMembers({DrilldownLevel({[Account].[Account Number].[All]})})) DIMENSION PROPERTIES PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME ON ROWS  FROM [Blackpool PB] WHERE ([Time].[Time Hierarchy].[Year].&[2009-01-01T00:00:00]) CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, LANGUAGE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FONT_FLAGS

However, when I accept this it seems to be ok but the new member does not appear in the report or anywhere within the dimension. I have clicked on help but I have followed the instructions there and it does not display….

Any ideas?

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Try changing the calculation name to: [Account].[Account Number].[All].[Gross Margin]

If that doesn't work, post back.

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/10/2014 at 3:48 PM