This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Excel 2010

Topics: Resolved
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Hi

The program does not work with Excel 2010, do you make a version soon?

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I didn't have any trouble getting it to run against the technical preview. I haven't tried it against the new 11/16/2009 beta yet. I do have a 2010 build on the roadmap, but I'm not sure of the timing just yet.

You tried it against Excel 2010? What Excel 2010 build version number? What happened? Did you get an error message I can troubleshoot?

Other than making it work in Excel 2010, what new features do you think are required (i.e. such as interacting with slicers or something). I open that question up to anyone.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM

It works great in Excel 2010 beta!! In fact it even works with PowerPivot and you are able to see the query thats generated internally.  I will put up some screenshots this weekend if I get a chance on my blog.

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Once Excel 2010 is released, I'll make sure the installer works properly with Excel 2010 and Excel 2010 64-bit.

Until then, I noticed today that when I installed OLAP PivotTable Extensions and checked "for everyone" on one of the first installer screens, I had to run Excel 2007 one time. Then OLAP PivotTable Extensions would work in Excel 2010. I'll make sure this problem is fixed in the installer after it's released... but that's just a note for the time being.

May 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Furmangg,

This is a wonderful app.  I modified it a bit to allow show rows/columns by default.  What I would like to see is additional filtering capabilities.  I saw a post earlier to do an not in type as well as some sort of saving.

I've been working proof of concents with writebacks which is awsome, but it lacks the ability to delete the writeback.  I envision companies using writeback for forcasting, but the issue I see and have come across is how do you delete the cell you've written into for the scenario.  Thus I think the ability to delete the write back cell would be magnificent.  Perhaps an option to revet back to the original cell value and not the writeback cell value.  I'm unsure if this dives into the excel app relm more then your intension for the extension.

Thanks for support and effort.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM

I've just finished Release 0.7.0. This release supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Excel 2010. Please give that a try and let me know if you have any problems. Just go to the Downloads tab and download the appropriate version.

Marked as answer by furmangg on 6/10/2014 at 3:34 PM
Jun 2, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Just installed the 32bit version.  Works great.  I've added a couple of code changes to include the default option to turn on Rows and Columns with empty records.  If anyone would like that plz email me.

Thank you for ur time Furmangg.